Thursday, July 27, 2006

Phone Calls and Then Some

I've been busy today. Still working in real estate. I should just go ahead and get my license. It's become difficult with the house in VA and me in Nashville. Now, I have to worry about where the keys should go. Alicia (whose deal fell through) still has the keys. The problem is one of the persons who wants to buy it was the "keeper of the keys" before this saga began. Now that they want to purchase the house, I feel very reluctant to give them back the keys. Therefore, I have a call into another neighbor who may be able to hold on to them for me. Geesh.

I did speak with Alicia today. I had sent a little bouquet of flowers to cheer her up and she called to thank me. It was so nice talking to her; and we both agree that this was all meant to be if for no other reason than for us to be friends. She is so sweet. I asked her about the sore on her throat; and it is NOT cancer, thank God. Prayers were answered. I was so relieved. She is feeling better about the house and knows that this happened for a reason. She admitted that her and her husband work so very hard and couldn't work any harder if it came to that in order to be able to afford the house. I agreed. It's simply not worth it. Of course something better for them will come along when the time is right. I am positive of this.

I know so many of us go through this heartache when we are first starting out with little money in our pockets and such big dreams. I remember when the hub and I began looking to buy our first house, we began in pricey neighborhoods in DC, of course. It was not meant to be. We ended up with a little 1950s rambler in Falls Church, Va, that was the perfect love nest for us (he hates me calling it that!). It still holds a very special place in my heart as our first home and where our babies were born.

And so, I feel better about that end. Now if we can move ahead on the sale and then put that money into an investment, I'll be happy. I'm trying to keep mom out of it as much as I can because she is a bit dazed these days. She's very happy to sell the house (and I haven't even mentioned that the sale fell through), and she is excited to find a little place on some water where we can all go and spend time whenever we want to get away from here. She refuses to go anywhere anymore without her dog; and I don't like to leave her here too long on her own. She has always loved the water and can sit and fish for hours (who can't?), even at her ripe old age of 82. I guess it doesn't take too much to do that, eh. I just want her happy because she deserves it. As the hub says, she has been through enough in her life--if she wants to sit and watch TV all day, then so be it; if she wants to have lunch out everyday, then so be it. It's the least I can do to make her life as comfortable as possible. I'm trying my hardest--even though I complain every once in a while--so sorry.

The hub and kid went off to St. Louis this weekend. He had some business and wanted us to go. With mom a little out of sorts, I thought it best that I stay here to make sure she's doing ok. The kid was so excited to go away with "dad." I can see those two now driving down the road just gabbing away. Too cute. Gotta love them two!

Dinner time. No need to cook. It's left-over take out Indian from last weekend. Yummmy. My favorite!! Mom is already in bed, the teenager is working; so it's just me, myself and I. Yahoo!!

4 comments:

Jenny said...

Don't you love it when you only have to please yourself at dinnertime.Not that I always want to eat alone. You seem to have a very busy life. Hope your mum feels better soon.

Miss Robyn said...

enjoy your time 'by yourself' & it will be good for 'those two' to have time together - male bonding and all that. love nest hee hee.
ps - you are such a special person, caring about that gal and her not getting the house!

SnowWhite said...

you sound like you have beenas busy as I have hope it all gets into rythme for you soon.
xx shona

paris parfait said...

That was so sweet of you to send flowers to the woman who did't get the house. You're such a thoughtful person, Rosemary (she says, gazing at the beautiful card from the aforementioned thoughtful friend). Enjoy your time on your own!

Categories

 

©Living as Rosa Designed by Rosa