Monday, May 01, 2006

You've Got the Cutest Little Baby Face(s)

The latest additions to our motley crew have arrived! I count four, how many do you see? (Click on the photo to enlarge.) There were five eggs, remember? The hub came home early today and so I had him reach up and get a pic for me--remember me = short. I thought I had seen a little fuzzy head up there! Look at the one waiting for the hub to drop in some food! "Are you my mother??" (When the teenager was a toddler, this was his favorite book. Such a sweet story. I remember we also had it in Spanish, ¿Es Tu Mi Madre? We had a babysitter from Guatemala, Dora, and those two just adored each other. She would read this over and over to him and he would just sit and smile contently listening to the words and looking at the pictures with her. He was always into books. Even today, he loves to read. The other night we went to the bookstore to get some on his list. His cell phone rang on the way home. "Hello? . . . Uh, I'm just coming back from the bookstore. . . Uh yea, . . . like I read books man." I had to smile. Now, the other one, the now pre-teen, hates to read! Isn't it amazing how different they all are even though the come from the same two people? Funny. Anyway, way off subject there; but the little baby with his mouth open made me think back to that stage in our lives. Sigh.)

Of course, I really need to have the house power washed. The negative aspect of having a white house in Tennessee--lots of spider webs and a little mold in the shady spots. Not bad mold, mind you, just gets a little green on one of the dormers come August. We have never had the house washed since we've lived here, and it is high time that we do before there's some damage done. But, with all the new babies, I can't just move their duplex. I had to phone the guy back today and tell him we'll have to wait a couple of weeks to have it washed. He probably thinks I'm totally nuts. But, who could look at those little faces and tell them they have to move? Not me! Anyone know how long before they fly the coop? No idea here.

Oh yes, and speaking of babies; guess who came to visit us today? Take a close look and see.

Can you tell he's on the inside of the window looking OUT?! Yep, we had another robin fly in (or brought in??.) Poor little guy, he must be thinking "What in the world have I done....I really don't understand what I just did." This male cardinal looked to be a young one by his size. I'm going to have to start keeping my doors shut or get screens on all of them! (Ha, as if that would help. Miss Bev brought the last one in through the one screen door we have! Yep, they have pulled the binding out that holds the screen in and they sneak out a little corner. Little buggers.) The little guy was too afraid to fly, thank goodness, and he stayed right by the window long enough to let me open it and let him fly away. Amazing I haven't put my screens back in for the summer. It would have been a little more difficult getting him out if I had. It was miraculous that the kitties were all asleep too. They would have had this little guy in a snap. He wasn't panicking and just fluttered a little bit trying to get out the window. I'm thankful it all ended well, again. Phew! What a wonderful feeling it is when something like this happens. Maybe they go back and tell their family that not all humans are bad. smile. Let's hope.

3 comments:

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

Oh, those baby birds are so cute with their hungry looks! And that bird inside your house! He must have panicked, the poor little thing...

It's good to see that there are also people who love and respect other beings (not just humans)!

Maybe it's not so easy to have a white house in Tennessee, but as I've told you before, you are lucky to have such a great house (even if it gives a lot of work)!...

I enjoy every single picture and post on your blog, because in this way, I get to discover an aspect of America that I love ...

paris parfait said...

Oh, baby birds, kitties and books! Lovely images of all these joys...

Miss Robyn said...

how cute are those little babies - can't wait to see them grow up!

Categories

 

©Living as Rosa Designed by Rosa