Sunday, May 07, 2006

Connection . . .

. . . to you, to imagination, to nature, to thoughtfulness, to now. find it in: imagery, poetry, color, textures. let the symbolic imagery and visual poetry into your life and home as reminders and vehicles to Connection. --Asia Mathis
(This little poem was tucked inside the bag with my purchased item from Asia. A very sweet touch.)

Beautiful. Just beautiful. I finally found the name of the artist who makes my houses. I've been attracted to her work since the first moment I saw it--not only the sculpture itself, but her poetry as well. I was so delighted to find her yesterday. I told her that it was my main mission to find her at the show. The best news though is that she has a site: www.asiamathis.com. Yea! You really have to take a look. I adore these large pieces but I would be afraid they would not last in my home. We are not careful enough to warrant bringing one of these babies home!

Of course, I added another little house to my list of favorite things by bringing it home! Pretty, no? I love the little red doors--she put one on three sides. It reads "rain dusted on this clay face mine already blurred by some other elements of life and talk all dripping into now and love" I don't know why, but you can't see the little metal rings on each corner of the roof--another nice element that adds to the piece.

As I mentioned yesterday, it was a sculpture kind of day. This exhibitor was new (I think) and I loved the brilliant colors and the detail to each particular flower. I bought three to add to my garden. You can see more of their work at www.winfreyworks.com.

This area is right off our front porch. The kid calls the general area "Bud County" and more specifically the bird bath is known as "Bud's Pond." We had a favorite cat named Bud. This was Bud's favorite spot. If there was water in the birdbath, he would drink from it. If it was dry, he would lie on it. You could always find Bud here if he was outside. He was the sweetest thing. Bud moved with us from Virginia where we had adopted him from the school where I worked. He was born under the old school house and I just had to have him. Unfortunately, he disappeared two Christmases ago. We miss him. But there will always be his garden that we all enjoy so much. Sniffle, sniffle.

With spring still heavy in the air, I finally broke down and bought a fountain for my porch. I thought Fred and Frieda might enjoy a little water close by the brood. It was fascinating how these were made using real leaves.
I took these pictures of the process from a book that they had out on the table. Fun stuff. You can read more about it here at www.gardenartimpressions.com.

Well friends, that's all. The kid is calling me to come and sit on the porch and listen to the fountain with Fred and Frieda. And, speaking of F&F, take a look at how big the babies are getting! (Yes indeed, there are five!!) Have a wonderful Sunday.

6 comments:

Gena said...

Hello Rosa! Thank you for your comments on my blog,your story made me feel warm all over!I would be honoured to be on your favourites,your site is great and I am going to sit and look through it again!and those babies !!! oh so sweet!

Anonymous said...

bud! he was a great cat. so sweet!

Corey said...

I LOVE the work by Asia! Thanks so much for the link! I wish she was going to be at some fairs near Seattle-it doesn't look like she sells off her website... Gorgeous stuff!

Rosa said...

Corey: With a lovely name like that, how could you go wrong? You should call her if you're interested, she's very nice. I told her I was going to put her in my blog and she was excited!
Ann: :-( Poor Bud.
Gena: Added you! I'm going to have to post that one for my son. Amazing.

paris parfait said...

Rosa, thank you for posting these lovely photos and info about the art. You brought home some wonderful things (worth the wait to see). :) And the birds! How sweet is that? So precious!

Lena said...

What wonderful art work ...all of it, but I especially like the flowers around Bud's garden. I have a fountain on my front porch too! That photo of the baby birds is sweet, thank you for sharing it. 5 of them ...oh my, Nina and Norm are a busy mama and papa!

Categories

 

©Living as Rosa Designed by Rosa