Tuesday, May 23, 2006

London Fog

I'm so happy to be home. How lucky am I to be able to spend a week in London and still be delighted to come home? Pretty darn lucky, yes sir.

I woke up this morning in quite a fog. It was about 9 a.m. when I finally rolled out of bed. (I admit to having to take a half an Ambien to make sure I slept through the night--talk about a life saver for resetting the ol' inner clock!) I stumbled out to the deck and watered the ferns. Wasn't sure if mom had gotten upstairs to water anything or not. After that, I stopped for a rest on the chaise there and listened to the birds for a while. (No birds chirping in London.) It was nice to sit there for a bit. I hardly ever enjoy the upper deck. I don't know why, I just never get out there. It was a special treat this morning and even Rootie jumped up in my lap, all 100 pounds of her!

Finally, I made it downstairs and pulled some of my goodies out--i.e. TEA! Squeeeeel! I actually made it to all the hot spots on my London "shopping list." No. 1 was getting my tea from Fortnum Mason. I was a bit disappointed though. They discontinued selling the Prince's organic afternoon tea. They told me I had to go to the grocers to get it now. Grrrrr. So, I settled for theirs--which can't be too shabby. I don't even remember now which I made this morning. Whichever, it was very good and nice to get me moving for the day--and oh-so-pretty in my new Cath Kidston cup! I added hot water to my pot all day and enjoyed several cups. I love, love, love the cups! The shape is so pretty with the little lip at the bottom. I wrapped them carefully to make sure they made it back with me in one piece.


See my my Cath Kidston tea towels? When I was in London last, three years or so ago, there was only one CK store listed (and no, that's not Calvin Klein to all you Americans!). Now there are at least 5! I found my closest in Covent Garden (on a little alley off the beaten path), but a lovely store just the same. I purchased some tea towels, a shower cap, two tea cups and these wonderful scrubbing gloves. I couldn't resist the gloves. I thought of ms*robyn when I saw them! How lovely it will make scrubbing--well, almost. (Not really, at all.)

It was so difficult using the hub's laptop in London that I simply chose not to. I apologize; but after downloading and placing all my lovely pictures in a post, I lost the whole bloody lot! The first post was done about 3 a.m. the second night when I was wide awake. After that, I didn't even feel like posting, especially after losing so much time using the built-in mouse pad with my thumb. Not easy at all. (I was able to add a few Harrods shots after my first post in case you didn't notice.) I do have all my pictures though, and as soon as I get over my "lag," I promise to catch you up on all my dealings in London. It was such a fantastic stay!

I found this huge bag of Herbes de Provence at the grocers. Only paid about 3 British pounds for it! Here in the states, I would have paid three times that for a tiny little bag!! I had a pork loin in the fridge that I never got to before I left, so guess what we're having for dinner.

After rinsing the pork, I rolled it in the herbes. Let me tell you, the lavender is nice and full. What we get here in the states must have settled in shipping, because the herbes are a lot finer. Anyway, after coating the pork in the herbes, I seared it and then put it on a roasting pan to bake. (I always add a little water to the bottom of the pan to keep the roast moist.) I can't tell you how good it smells cooking. It is taking an extra long time for the pork to reach 170 degrees! The jet lag is setting in and I am starting to fade. I wish it would be done already!! I'm dying here!
The hub is back to watching his Yankees play. The kid is out looking for Ms. Bev, the teenager is at the swimming pool and mom is already in bed. All is well in the world.

After dinner, I canNOT wait to check in on everyone! What has been happening in your neck of the woods? I'll soon find out--if I make it that long. I am fading fast, my friends.

2 comments:

paris parfait said...

So glad you had a wonderful trip! Am looking forward to hearing more about it. I am mad about Cath Kidston's stuff; have made many a trip on Eurostar carrying CK dishes, tablecloths, napkins, shopping carrier and an ironing board cover. Well, if you must iron, it's not so bad looking at a pretty ironing board cover, right? :)Last Christmas, one of the big department stores in Paris temporarily had a Cath Kidston section, so you can imagine how happy that made me. :)

weirdbunny said...

Glad you got some ck, she's the best!

Categories

 

©Living as Rosa Designed by Rosa