Saturday, May 20, 2006

London!!

We are having the best time here. It has to be one of the best cities in the world. We all have been doing so much. (Poor hub has been working quite a bit, poor him.)

Last night, we met up with Mark from Gullible's Travels in Covent Garden for a very pleasant evening of food, talk and drink. What a wonderful Londoner. He told us all about his cottage and his little getaway bungalow in the South of Italy (after I specifically asked about them!). You need to go to his blog and look at he and his wife's wonderful homes. Unique is a major understatement. We ate and drink and talked about this and that. It was such a joy to meet up with him. What a nice friend we now have in London!

He suggested that we meet at Joe Allen's Restaurant. After a 1/2 pint of Boddington's ale for me and the hub, wine for Mark and coke for the kid, we all placed our orders. We had a hard time deciding for the kid--his English favorite, fish & chips were nowhere to be found on the menu. The waiter then told him there was a burger (again, not on the menu) which was perfect. I then had to decide rather quickly as the waiter seemed rushed, so I chose the meatballs with mash; Mark and the hub ordered the fish of the night. The meatballs came out as Italian with red sauce and it was very good. I was still full from a delightful Indian lunch we had in Knightsbridge, so I couldn't even finish but one meatball! They were quite large! We ended with desert (chocolate brownie for the kid) and I had my first taste of Calvados, an apple brandy. It was delicious! I must buy some for the winter months here. I very rarely drink because of my usual allergies to most types of alcohol, but I had no reaction to this. Good stuff. Again, we had such a delightful time with Mark. I look forward to our next meeting.

Mark headed home and we set out on foot to walk a little of the day's foods off. We headed through Convent to Leichester Square. Since it was raining, we decided to just tube it back to the hotel. I think we were all ready for bed by the time we got there. The kid is sleeping on the little sofa by the windows, listening to the hustle and bustle below. We have a marvelous king-sized bed with a wonderfully fluffy duvet. It is like sleeping on a cloud.

I will add pictures later. Grrr. The hub's laptop. Grrrrrrrrrr.

1 comment:

Mark McLellan said...

Rosa

Thanks for linking to this posting in your recent 'architectural' posting. I completely missed this somehow (one of the vanishing posts?) Look forward to your next visit.

"Mr English"

Categories

 

©Living as Rosa Designed by Rosa