Thursday, March 16, 2006

What's for Dinner?


I was at the butcher today to get some meat and decided on baked pork chops for dinner. They had some new spices out from The Dizzy Pig and, of course, I had to try one. They all smelled so good. I chose the Raging River Rub which is for poultry, pork or salmon.

After rinsing the pork, I just rubbed the spice on, seared them in a hot pan with a little olive oil, and they're now baking in the oven.

Along side are the teenager's favorite potatoes. I just cut some potatoes up, both red and baking, added a little olive oil to the dish, some different spices on top, stir it up, threw it in the oven with the chops.


I'll see if I have something green in the fridge to serve with it. I can't tell you how good it's smelling up the house.

The hub just walked in and I hear this "mmmmmm....." footsteps into the kitchen and another "mmmmm, that smells good."

Will keep ya posted on the new "rub." If it's anything like it smells, we're in for a treat!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can almost smell it reading it. He he he ... I don't really cook and Suanne does almost 99.9% of the cooking. I'll see if I can get her to make pork chops. She'll get annoyed but I'm sure she'll make it! :-)

Categories

 

©Living as Rosa Designed by Rosa