Monday, March 20, 2006

Introducing Winnie


Tonight as I was leaving to pick up the teenager from working out, I noticed that my little bird in the front didn't fly away. She must be getting used to our comings and goings a little. So, of course, I had to run back in and grab the camera and take her picture. (I need to buckle that camera to my wrist...I always seem to miss so many moments.) She sat there as I quietly flashed several exposures of her. Since she's sticking pretty close to the nest, I'm wondering if she already has eggs. I hope not, it's turned quite cold, again.

She is a pretty Carolina Wren and she has now been named Winnie. Isn't she the sweetest? No sight of the side-door wren. I'm still hoping she'll return to the beautiful creation she started. I feel so bad moving it. But, I can't imagine the opening and closing of the screen door with little babies bashing back and forth! That wouldn't do.

On another bird front, today mom and I had lunch at Cracker Barrel (it was cold and rainy and they have a great big wood-burning fireplace--I don't). There I saw the cutest little bird pillows. Since it had a cardinal on it (the Virginia state bird), I had to buy it. Isn't it pretty too. I have it on my little pew in my living room. I absolutely adore it!!

Hope everyone's first day of spring was a little warmer than ours. Buurrrrr.

P.S. I've added some new links to my favorites' list. Get ready to turn green with envy. What talent these ladies have!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

she's beautiful! i love wrens. and the name winnie - so sweet!

Categories

 

©Living as Rosa Designed by Rosa