Sunday, May 20, 2007

Pretty Momma

Mrs. M Dove allowed me to open the door and take a snap of her this morning. Isn't she pretty? No more eggs today, still only two. She always looks so content, except here where she looks quite frightened. Poor thing.

We all chipped in and got the rec room and the garage cleaned out today. Even got started on the infamous office (at least the hub did his part--the rest is up to me and my junk!). You'll remember that I moved my computer from there last winter when I got tired of looking at all the mess. Now how pathetic is that? And, the rec room? It hasn't looked this good since Raphi and Regis came last summer! The teenager said today he has dibs on the old furniture when he goes to college next summer. Good riddance (furniture, I mean. Well, hmmmm. . . ) hehe.

The garage doesn't take long to get completely blown up, so it was probably last fall that we last cleaned it. I was tired of mom having to step over things to get to my car (not me, mind you--I'm used to it!). I was worried that she was going to stumble on some of the teenager's junk that he's had lying around all winter. So, we just bit the bullet and did it. Just have to sweep up the kitty litter from the oil drips (teenager's car) and it will be done.


Doesn't it feel good when you get things done? Oh oh oh! And, guess what else I did today? I took my Alabama boating license test and passed at 93%! Wooohoo! Now, I am really ready to hit the river! The hub passed his last weekend and the kid will take his this week before we leave. Last will be the teenager. Getting him to do anything is like pulling teeth. I always wait until I have the energy to fight with him before I ask him to do anything. Sigh.

17 comments:

Tammy said...

I posted a Mama dove not too long ago...for some reason they just look the most maternal of all the birds in the world doncha think?
Congrats on passing your test!
:)

pink23 said...

Last year we had a mourning dove come lay a nest right in our geranium flower pot outside our bedroom window. I became totally obsessed with it, and spent every free minute - just watching. I found out that they lay 2 eggs, sit on them for 2 weeks, then they are hatched, and they live in them for 2 more weeks. EXACTLY. My birdies did it to the day! I cried when they flew away. Exactly like an empty nest -er. So sad. NOw everytime I see a mouring dove in my yard, I wonder if it was one of last years babies, or one of the parents. I so much hope this all goes well for you this year. Too sad about the other stories.

Janice said...

That is the sweetest photo of Mrs. M. Dove! I love it! You may do well entering that in a photo contest! How fun to have the nest so close by!

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATION for your Boating License!! How Great!!

That's really fun!!!

See ya soon!

Shelley said...

Mrs. Dove is so pretty. Great capture too.

Oh..my garage is..indescribable right now. Horrid.

But I've been painting all weekend in the dinning area and finally finished the walls and trim. (different shades.) I feel SO good about it.

Happy Monday

Anonymous said...

That picture almost looks like it isn't real. She looks so beautiful. You are quite the photographer.

Have fun cruising the water!!

Hugs,
Connie

Carole Burant said...

I've always loved Mourning Doves, they seem so very gentle!! Great shot of the mommy:-) Woohoo congrats on passing your boating license test...the river will never be the same again! lol All that cleaning looks good:-) xox

Vallen said...

Two great minds with but one terrific goal. You have made much more progress than I.

Peggy said...

I just love looking at photos of your home. Its so warm and inviting and beautiful. BTW Diva had her babies!

Henny Penny said...

Ready to hit the river indeed! Yay!

That was a massive cleanup... Looks great!

The dove is so pretty. Can't wait til the eggs hatch!

smilnsigh said...

Oh you make me so *jealous.* Getting things done! I really must *try that* soon. ,-)

Mari-Nanci

Lena said...

Congrats Rosa on passing the test! What a lot of fun you're going to have!
This really is the loveliest dove photo. I'm so happy there will be two babies for this sweet momma.
Wow at all the work you've all accomplished! It is a nice feeling to catch up on things. I plan to a lot of it in the next few weeks. I want to try and enjoy this summer as much as I can.
Take care. I'm as always wishing you all the best.

Mark McLellan said...

So do we call you "Cap'n Rosa" now, me hearties? Remember September 19 is International Talk Like a Pirate Day (http://www.talklikeapirate.com/. Yo-ho-ho and a bottle o' rum!

Linda said...

You have inspired me to clean my sliding glass doors. It will be nice to be able to have a clear view and not be embarassed when someone comes over.

Pear tree cottage! said...

I simply love your dove family and how cute the eggs look very healthy too.

Well you have a lovely home and I see you have done the big cleanup well done to you and your family I am not sure I could do that, by the way hubby just walked past and being a boat person just took a long look at your boat "he loves it!!"

"happy summer to you"
Lee-ann

Mrs.D said...

What a pretty dove. That's so neat!

Congratulations on cleaning out your garage...I bet you're glad that's done!

Beth said...

The dove is precious,,and the sweet wittle eggs,,awhhhhh!!! Can't wait to see the little peepers!!! Ya gonna take me out on the boat when I come down there? Ya better!!!
xoxooxoxoxoxo

Categories

 

©Living as Rosa Designed by Rosa