Friday, May 11, 2007

Mom

My oldest brother Joe sent this to my mom for Mother's Day. It's artificial, but it sure looks real. I've explained to her that she doesn't have to water it. I'm going to have to keep an eye on that because I think I would even be tempted to do so it's so realistic! Isn't it pretty?

I had my second IPL treatment yesterday. This time, it was a male doctor. I told him how horrible it was sitting through the first treatment so he said he would count for me. One-Two-Three ZAPPPP! That made all the difference in the world, I tell you. I guess I just don't like the anticipation of each zap. During this treatment, I could smell hair burning. WHA??? When I asked what was up with that, he said he was a little more aggressive than some and had turned the zapper up a bit. He had zapped a few of my eyebrows (less to pluck) and a few hairs at my temple. No biggy.

Left is before any treatment.






Right is after second treatment.

I can see a noticeable difference this time. Yea! The connect the dots are still there, maybe a tad less pronounced. I was informed by the male doctor that he will use a different "head" on those next time. (Of course I brought it up after I was out of the chair--duh!) He took more time than the female doc did the first time, probably because I was spazzing out each time she zapped me, giggle. She probably wanted to get it over as much as I did. Special attention was taken to my upper lip area this time (not on the lips, mind you) because he said that IPL helps with collagen growth. Ok, go for it doc! I'm here for rosacea, but hey, knock yourself out! Overall, I'm happy. I have two more sessions spaced a month apart. I am told the results usually last a little over a year. Good for me because I just despise putting on foundation. If this can help alleviate wearing makeup for a little longer, I'm all for it.


Oooh, a big thunderstorm is heading our way, the first of the season! Yahoo. Time to go wait for it. Love thunderstorms!

11 comments:

paris parfait said...

Rosemary, I have just read all your posts from the past month - so sorry I've been busy with guests and travel and have missed out! You have been one busy woman (so what else is new) and your vacation house is looking fabulous! And I know what you mean about the zapping laser bit - I had this done to broken capillaries around my nose. It hurts, but only for a moment. And it does seem to work. Hope you and yours have a great weekend ahead! I promise not to stay away so long again. xo

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

Happy Mother's Day to both you and your mom!
I also love thunderstorms! By the way, this morning (at 5am) we had a smashing one. Very noisy and violent, wow!!!

Peggy said...

Have a wnoderful Mothers Day and a great weekend.

Susie said...

Wishing you and your Mom a very Happy Mother's Day!
((hugs))

Beth said...

Hey,,the zapping is doing the trick, sounds kind of scary but you will enjoy the benefits. What a Thunderstorm we had last night. We got almost 3 inches of rain out here. Its a sad day for us as we had to put our 13 year old dog down last night. His burial is today.
Have a wonderful Mother's Day!
Luv Ya Rosie!!!

Anonymous said...

Your mom is just the sweetest!!!

Hope you both have a wonderful
Mother's Day.

Hugs,
Connie

SOINSPIRED said...

Your Mother looks so sweet. Enjoy her and Happy Mothers Day to you both.

Carole Burant said...

Wow, those flowers DO look real! I thought they were until you mentioned they weren't!! Oooh I can see the difference in the before and after shots of your face...glad to hear the zapping seem to be helping! Ouch though! lol Brings back memories of having my tattoo done! lol Happy Mother's Day dear Rosa! xoxo

Dianne said...

What a great shot of your mom. Tell her I said hello.

You're skin is really looking good. Quite the babe you are. So glad you're getting good results.

Lena said...

Whew! For a minute there I thought you were going to talk about the dentist (cringe) again!
I love thunderstorms too! Especially at the ocean in the winter.
Your mom is so beautiful. It's nice of your brother to see her that lovely plant. It DOES look real!
I see quite a difference too!

Henny Penny said...

Your mom is lovely! Happy Mother's Day to you both!

Looks like you're getting good results. Hang in there!

Thunderstorms? Shudder...

Categories

 

©Living as Rosa Designed by Rosa