Monday, May 14, 2007

Pining for Summer

Nine days 'til summer. I can taste it. I can smell Riverside. I can hear the little tree frogs singing. I want to be there, NOW!


Not helping matters any, today I received the new Sundance catalog. I open it up only to find the boat of my dreams!! I really want it! Whine. Can't have it, but I really want it. Of course, it all began with an episode from The Sopranos--you know, the one when Tony and Carm visit Bobby and Janice at their lake house. They had the sweetest vintage boat similar to this that I fell in love with. Oh yes, that's the one that would fit perfectly in the Riverside boat house! hehe.

I have a special place in my heart for these vintage vessels. My Uncle Vin (married to my father's sister Ollie) bought a beautiful used 1960s Chris-Craft cabin cruiser; and my father lovingly restored her to her original elegance by stripping all the painted over teak and mahagony. She was absolutely gorgeous when he finished. We spent many a day cruising the Chesapeake Bay and Atlantic on the this boat. If we weren't on the boat, we were at the beach almost every weekend. I found this old ad, and it sure does bring back memories. This looks very similar to the ol' Honey Pot of Washington, DC.

Anyway, even though the Honey Pot was a lot different than this gorgeous gal, it still tugs at my heartstrings when I see a beauty like this. Sigh. (The hub is going to cringe when he reads this post! hehe)

7 comments:

Peggy said...

I can see you now sitting at the back of the boat with your wide brim beautiful sunhat on and drinking a mimosa while hubby is speeding down the river!

Janet said...

Focus on that boat and think positive thoughts....who knows, you might just attract it into your life!

Beth said...

Oh, you would look lovely on that boat, my friend!!! I Love old boats too!!! Maybe if you wish hard enough you might get it!!!
xoxooxoxoxoxoxoxo

Dianne said...

...and...can you believe Tony smothered Christopher?

Neat boat but I'm into vintage cars myself.

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

I just wanted to let you know that I have tagged you for the following meme/event that I am organizing:

http://rosas-yummy-yums.blogspot.com/2007/05/sunday-brunch-meme-freng.html

I hope that you'll find the time to participate!

Please spread the word!!!

Kind Regards,

Rosa

Anonymous said...

You should have a look at those very very beautiful boat that are called RIVA, just have a look on there old one.... So so pretty!

Raphaƫl

Lisa Oceandreamer Swifka said...

oh I can see why these cause your heart to pound, there is nothing like these vintage boats. We were in Lake Tahoe a few summers in a row, G and I always oohed and awed over the vintage boats tied at the Marina.
It could happen for you Rosa, put it out there...in to the Universe....one day you'll be showing photos of the Hub and the kid going down the river in your new "old" boat!
XOXO

Categories

 

©Living as Rosa Designed by Rosa