Sunday, September 07, 2008

Sunday (FT) Snippets

I just love perusing through the weekend Financial Times when the hub's finished with it. I can normally find him on the front porch on Saturday morning devouring the papers. When he's finished, he puts them aside for me to look through.

While I didn't find a whole lot of anything in the House & Home and Life & Arts sections this weekend, it was bonus time with the How to Spend It pull out, a big ol' magazine chock full of delightfully decadent (and out or reach) items. While I've never had a hard time "spending it," it's always the finding the money to spend which can be the problem. Am I right? And at my stage in life, I just don't need anything. But, it sure is fun looking!

I would love to have my entire house filled with beautiful rugs, but, of course, I've always found the ones I'm attracted to way too expensive for my blood; so I just ogle over them in catalogs. And while I'm not really a pillow person (I hate having to move a lot of fat pillows when I sit somewhere), this did catch my eye from The Rug Company.

And, I adore this wall hanging. The website is just delightful, I might add. Yes, I would LOVE to have any one of their rugs indeed.

From there, I moved on to Judith Michael & Daughter's site. Pitter patter. That was my heart beating when I opened the page and began looking through the shop. A definite on "To Visit" list on my next trip to London, guaranteed. I can see myself coming home with this vintage bunting paper.

Perhaps even another pillow (you know, I'm not much "into" pillows--grin).

Is this pottery not amazing? I found Di Marshall's site from South Africa. I'd love to get some of this stuff.


But, the pièce de résistance is the Teron Conrad-inspired boat sofa made by Ben Fowler.
Can you imagine this piece at Riverside, a whole bunch of us just curled up in it just giggling? I certainly can. That is if I had room and if I could afford to commission one.

Ok, back to reality. Snap.

12 comments:

The Vintage Kitten said...

Fabulous! Thats all I can say....apart from I WANT, I WANT, I WANT!

Janet said...

I love the boat sofa! It looks so comfy and cozy.

My big problem is finding the $$, too. I can spend it like crazy if I have it!

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

Nice things! Very pretty!

Cheers,

Rosa

Carole Burant said...

Do like me, keep buying lottery tickets and hope that one day you'll win big! lol I love looking through catalogues like that and just dream about owning whatever I want from them:-) Wow, I'm loving that boat sofa as well, such a fascinating concept!!! xoxo

Unknown said...

Hi Rosa, thanks so much for visiting. I really NEED that sofa boat, that is absolutely splendid, just right for lounging around reading a good book and pretending you are floating round the Maldives in the Indian ocean. Oh bliss!
Rosie

Vallen said...

Oh, goodness, we could very amicably live in the same environment. I love all your choices!! Maybe we could pool funds.

Anonymous said...

loving that pottery!

ofifteen
'designing your life'
www.ofifteen.com

MelMel said...

I love your blog!
Thank you for popping in...please do again...nice to meet you!
I love ck...she is fab! do you have shop near you?
she does have a website...have you seen it?
xxxxx

Jeanie said...

I've an addiction to throw pillows and to Britain. Do you think I liked this post? YES!

Mo..."Mo's Cottage" said...

The pillows are lovely and that sofa boat is really something....very clever...great post...
Hugs,
Mo :-0

Judy said...

What a novel sofa and what fun it would be own. I loved your vist today. Thank you so much. I love meeting new people. Your Abby is adorable. Anna and Bailey always meet me at the door when I get home, unless of course they are sleeping!!!

Beth said...

I Love the Boat Sofa,,I bet it would look real cool down at Riverside!
xoxooxoxoxo

Categories

 

©Living as Rosa Designed by Rosa