Saturday, September 20, 2008

Finally

I made this piece several years ago for a swap. The theme was a "framed ATC." Well, of course, I couldn't just frame an ATC in any normal way. That was just too easy. So I purchased a paper mache egg and cut the front off. I made the ATC so it was removable from the egg. I kinda liked the piece. I never heard from its recipient. Don't know if she ever got it or not. Tsk tsk.

Regardless, I've had the front piece sitting around for like, well, years. Lord knows I keep just about everything if I think I can use it again. Several weeks ago, I started work on this piece. I had no idea what I was going to do with it. I just started collaging and paper macheing more onto it--old sheet music and pretty papers. Then I painted it. And painted it some more. Then I added leaves to the bottom. As you know, Autumn is my favorite time of year.

Then I found some pewter legs. Ok. I need a faerie peeking up from behind the leaves. Then I found some molds for faces. I made some faces. Painted a few.

I had this resin butterfly that I found at the V&A museum in London (I have since seen them here in the states) and I added that for the body. Eyelash ribbon for hair and a faerie you will see.

Pulled out some old German newspapers from our last visit there (way back in 2006) and found they were from Oktober. Perfect.

I finally finished the piece tonight. Introducing Oktober.

Shhh, don't wake her. I think she's sleeping through September. Wish I could.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh i love the last line!!! sleeping until her time comes and then.... she will be beautiful! very cool! this must have been fun!
XO

Judy said...

How beautiful!!! And shame on the person who received your swap and did'nt comment on it. I would have loved it!!

paris parfait said...

Oh honey, she is beautiful! What a wonderful ode to fall. Now I have a question - is it true that based on a rumor - that Nashville was OUT OF GAS? I can't wait until this election is over. xoxox

Beth said...

That is beautiful, Rosie! I Love her! Glad to see your still pumping out some art! It helps me when I am stressed out I hope it helped you too!
xoxooxoxox

Jeanie said...

Absolutely stunning. I am SO glad to see you posting your art again -- and having time to do it! This really is a wonderful launch into fall, looks beautiful with your stuff, and oh, she's a happy little fairy!

Queenly Things said...

Oh, she couldn't be more beautiful and such a peaceful little face. This is a terrific way to use that front piece. You're all set for October now.

Lisa Oceandreamer Swifka said...

How beautiful.....and all from things right there within reach. I love Fall too, that and Spring are my fave seasons.
I love seeing you doing and showing your art!!
XOXOXO

Lena said...

You did a lovely job Rosa. Both are truly wonderful.

Categories

 

©Living as Rosa Designed by Rosa