Friday, September 05, 2008

Love this Town

Small town America. We've had a little rain today and it always invigorates me to get out and about on grey days. I have always adored this old red barn with the American flag tacked to the front. When my brother first came down for Thanksgiving several years ago, I drove him here to take some photographs. (I have yet to receive one, brutha!) I always get a warm fuzzy feeling while driving by.

I have a lot of other pictures to share but I just visited Jeanie's blog and she posted a site to go to get "just the facts, ma'am" regarding the presidential campaign. I'm on my way to visit because I know, like her, there are a lot of things being said that just aren't true. Regardless of who we're looking at, we need to know the truth of both sides.

"We are a nonpartisan, nonprofit, "consumer advocate" for voters that aims to reduce the level of deception and confusion in U.S. politics. We monitor the factual accuracy of what is said by major U.S. political players in the form of TV ads, debates, speeches, interviews, and news releases. Our goal is to apply the best practices of both journalism and scholarship, and to increase public knowledge and understanding."
Again, I hope everyone takes the time to find out what our candidates are about. We all need to make an EDUCATED vote this time around. Our country is way too important to continue to go backwards.

Can you tell, I'm all in a tizzy?

2 comments:

Beth said...

That was an excellent site!
xoxoxoox

Jeanie said...

THANK YOU! I'm in a tizzy, too.

Categories

 

©Living as Rosa Designed by Rosa