Monday, April 09, 2007

A Wonderful Weekend

Sunset on Mobile Bay

Home again, home again, jigity jig. But how hard was it to leave? Really hard, for all of us. It gets more relaxing each visit (hehe, this was only No. 2!) I got a lot done but was able to relax a little also this time. Although a tad chillier than our last trip, it only made it more invigorating for me. I would get up and get me a cup of tea and grab my grandmother's old reliable quilt and sit on the porch. The kid pointed out that it was so quiet, you could hear the rustle of the feathers as the osprey flew over head. I have never, in my 40 plus years, ever experienced that. It was amazing.

Thursday, upon arrival, we started a fire. Our first "real" fire since leaving Virginia. (Our house here in TN only has gas logs--ugh.) We just decompressed from the long drive. Here's Rootie and Reese. Reese is the local love-of-a-dog I had told you about before. She is just the sweetest thing ever. I was terribly worried about Rootie and her as Roo is extremely dog aggressive. If Reese and her got into a fight, I actually was worried about both. At any rate, I kept Roo on her leash and played up Reese, pretending she was a baby. (Rootie loves babies and when we talk about her "baby"--a stuffed toy, she gets all giddy.) So, much to my astonishment, they got along. I believe Reese being submissive helped tremendously. Phew! Guess we may be building that fence for nothing? Well, there's still Frankie!

A friend had brought his little river boat over for us to use and so the kid and hub made it out on Saturday. Aren't they just too cute puttering down the river? Rootie doesn't much like water and the only time she ever has jumped in was years ago. We had rented a place off the Chesapeake Bay. I think it was Raphael, the teenager and I were going out fishing. They had been coming and going for days on that boat. But, as soon as I got in it and we scooted away, Rootie decides to jump in the river and come after me! Now, again, she has never swam before; so we had to turn around and come back to get her on land. It was too funny. So when Roo started whining when the guys took off, I had to keep a close eye on her. She's much older now and that water was still plenty cold. She stayed with me though. We're thinking about getting her a life jacket. She would be way too cute in one, don't ya think?

Well, it's lunch time and momma's hungry. I'll post a little more later today or tomorrow. Good to be home.


Mrs. Staggs said...

I can't see your photos, but it all sounds peaceful and beautiful. Especially the Osprey. It's reminded me of my husband who works such long hours. He was relaxing on the front porch the other day, when a hummingbird appeared close to him. He heard it's hum and was delighted. We all need to slow down and take time.
I miss you when you're gone, but I'm happy it's for such a lovely reason.

Peggy said...

Glad to hear you had a relaxing time but glad you are back as you are always missed.

PEA said...

I can just imagine how hard it is for you to leave Riverside...such a different pace of life there isn't it?! :-) Loved the pictures although a couple of them don't show up, only a box with an x. Welcome home my friend:-) xox

Raphael said...

Sounds like you had lot's of fun!! How cool!! I Hope you had a nice Easter!!

See ya soon!!

Beth said...

I don't know how you can leave that wonderful place. It sounds heavenly. I am a water lover and would love to live on the river or ocean or lake or stream, ect...,,lol. Thanks for sharing the pics. I am so happy you have a wonderful time there. Still miss ya alot!!!

Susie said...

Glad you are having such wonderful times there. I can see why you love it so!!
I rec'd you package!! Thank you! You're too sweet!!



©Living as Rosa Designed by Rosa