Friday, December 14, 2007

Park Avenue Winter

We had lunch at Park Avenue Winter which was fabulous. I only snapped a pic of dessert because I think Helen Gurley Brown was sitting next to us! No lie!! If it wasn't her, it was yet another exorbitantly rich well-preserved lady. The restaurant changes its name and decor with the seasons. How fun. It was very white, wintry and stark, indeed. We shared an appetizer of Porcine Ravioli and Swiss Chard with Gorgonzola Cream. Then we both ordered a Garden Salad with Winter Frost Vegetables, delish. The brother ordered the Langoustine Roll (a take on the New England Lobster Roll, I'm told), and I ordered the fried chicken and waffle sandwich. Mine was rather dry and bland while his was out of this world. We ate half and then switched plates. (Wonder what Helen thought.) We ordered fresh sauteed Snow Peas on the side to share. Our dessert consisted of gingerbread cake on top of crunchy crepes filled with whipped marscapone and homemade vanilla ice cream with raspberries. Over the top? Yep. I enjoyed every bite. I think he did too.

And I chose the restaurant. With the help of Chowhound, of course. Not too shabby.

No comments:

Categories

 

©Living as Rosa Designed by Rosa