Thursday, December 06, 2007

Decorating Diva

Guess I'm finally in the mood, as moody as I've ever been--snicker. I've been decorating like a mad woman. Well, actually I'm decorating at a leisurely pace this year. And I'm enjoying it. I think I have it down to a science at this point which helps tremendously. Miss Bella, above peeking through the poinsettias, is hampering what I'm putting out. I normally have my little Patience Brewster faeries going up the staircase. It's hard enough keeping them there just with the normal motions of the family, but with Bella, it would be impossible for them all to stay where I put them. This is from last year. You get my drift? I don't even know if I'm putting lights on the banister. Haven't done that yet.

Family Room


The Kitchen Area

Front Hall


Dining AreaThe hub made it home safely from Dubai. He was welcomed home to a festive house. Still no tree yet. Maybe tomorrow. The kid is outside putting lights up on the deck. All by himself. While I blog. Poor guy. It got cold here yesterday. It was warm in the morning and turned dark mid-day and then burr doggy. The temperature dropped really quickly. I even had to turn the heat on upstairs for the first time this season. Along with the heat, I had to pull out the humidifier at 11:30 last night because I could already feel my nose closing up. Isn't it fun being old? No, not really.

Study

I think I need a little greenery to put around this frame, don't you?

5 comments:

Blondie ~ Vintage Primitives said...

Wow! What a great job you have done with the leisurely decorating. We have a tree up and that is ALL this year. I am too busy filling orders to get much done for me. WAH!
Blondie (thanks for visiting my blog again. You are welcome anytime)

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

I love your beautiful objects! You are a real decorating fairy!

Cheers,

Rosa

Lena said...

Hi Rosa,
Your decorating is looking really nice, and your tree is so very pretty. We might be getting ours this weekend. I love the smell of the greenery.
I almost bought an angel like your Peace, Hope angel while away. There was a little shop in carmel that had them, but I was feeling sort of overwhelmed by all the wonderful things there, and ended up not buying anything! LOL! I was thinking that maybe I could make something similar though, with the wings that I bought at Ulla's Castle.
'Tis the season!

Southern Heart said...

Everything looks so lovely...you have a great Santa collection!

Shelley said...

A Christmas Wonderland. You should be in a magazine! Ms Diva!

Categories

 

©Living as Rosa Designed by Rosa