Saturday, December 22, 2007

The Flu, The Flu!

Do I tend to get sick every Christmas? Gosh darnit. Last night, as I was chatting with friends, the full flown flu (say that three times fast) hit me with a vengeance. Ow. I barely made it into my PJs without crying. Wow. It hit me so fast, I was spinning, literally.

So, I got up this morning (say 11ish) and made me some chicken soup and I'm heading back to bed.

Away flu bug, away! I'm happy to say I do have Bella tending to me. (I won't let anyone near me!!! Let's not get a sick house, please!)

No, I did not get my flu shot this year, silly me. Everyone else did, Mom and the hub, just not me. I totally forgot about it. Oy. Now I'm paying.

7 comments:

weirdbunny said...

Oh no, you can't get the flu 3 days before Christmas ! Rest, rest and rest, oh and don't forget to drink plenty of water ~love julia x

Shelley said...

Oh dear!! I'm so sorry that you're sick. What an awful event. Stay in bed..watch the Food Network..and get lots of rest.

Carole Burant said...

A HA!! So you're the one I've caught it from???? lol I got hit with it yesterday afternoon and was so sick all night and most of today...thankfully I'm now feeling better and was able to eat a little something AND so far it's staying down! I don't have time to be sick right now and neither do you so let's get healthy again real quick!!! lol I've finally caught up with your last few posts...look at all that yummy food you've been getting!! I want to take this opportunity to wish you and your family a very Merry Christmas, may it be filled with love, family and friends:-) xoxo

Anonymous said...

Oh Rose! I'm so sad about your sickness......suck/sip down that chicken soup and catch up on some much needed (I'm sure) sleep. Thanks for the msg. It was great to hear your perky voice again....
Pat 'lil Bella for me will ya? XXOO ~ Aim

Granny said...

Well, darn it. I have a habit of being sick on Christmas but it's the 23rd and so far, so good.

Hope you're well enough to have the Merry Christmas I'm sending you.

Stephanie D said...

Bummer! Hope it's a short-lived bug and you feel better by the time Santa gets here.

Susie said...

Hi Rosa,
Just stopped in to wish you a Merry Christmas. Hope that chicken soup helps and you're feeling better very soon!
xo

Categories

 

©Living as Rosa Designed by Rosa