Wednesday, March 28, 2007

A Foggy Sendoff

I awoke to a thick fog on the river. I couldn't even see the trees across the way; but by the time I dressed and found my camera, it had thinned quite a bit. I almost caught the boat flying by, see the waves?

It took me EIGHT hours to get home! A normal six was in sight until I got about ten miles from home and it started to drizzle. And then, boom, the traffic came to a complete stop the highway. I called the kid to see what was happening and he said there had just been an accident with three tractor trailers. I always say my prayers that I wasn't involved when I come that close to a horrible wreck. I could have been in it, say, if I hadn't stopped for gas, or whatever. It's always scary when that happens. So, this all happened once I had made the decision I could make it home on the last two gallons of gas I had left in the old wagon and just passed the exit with all the gas stations. No where to turn back, I just sat there, crawling the last ten miles, praying I wouldn't run out. I made it though, barely. Phew!

Anyhow, I did a little detour on my last day. I went into town to the bluff above the pier that goes out into Mobile Bay. I had to show you how beautiful it is there. I wish I had more time because I could have just sat there in the park overlooking the bay for hours. It is so peaceful up there. You can see the beach down there which the kid is dying to hit.

Here is a monument in the front of the park. I can't wait to go back and spend some time here.

Look at some of the original bungalows on the bluff. What views they must have. Oooooh. Both looked like they needed a lot of work. Probably got quite a hit from the last hurricane and need a lot of TLC.

Last, but not least, here are some shots of mom's room. It turned out nice, I think. I can't wait to get her down there!! It looks really lemony yellow, but it's a tad more soft than it looks here (I think!). I found this vintage lamp before I left TN. Recognize the rocking chair? This is from the set of four "cottage" chairs I got eons ago! Remember??? hehe.

Off to beddy bye. I didn't sleep well last night. I knew that was coming. I never do when I have a big day ahead of me. I had a dream that the place was haunted--thanks to the kid for putting that in my head!! Geesh. I leave you with visions of mermaids dancing in your head.


Peggy said...

I actually feel like I have been on the trip with you! I just love how you share the photos and your adventures. Welcome home

Janet said...

I'm so glad you made it home safely. The photos of the bluff are beautiful, and those cottages look interesting....but what I love is your mom's room! Can I be your mom??!! :-)


I just assumed that your "river" house was closer by. I hope you get to go there often.

Vallen said...

You mom's room is so beautiful. She'll love it. I, too, hope you'll be able to make it to Riverside often. I love the vicarious thrill of being there with you.

Tammy said...

Paint your porch ceilings keeps the hants!
Beautiful surroundings...pooh on coming home in a fog and drizzle!
Hubby says there is always more gas in your tank than you think...or maybe your angel was watching over you!!

Susie said...

Glad you made it safely home. Love all the pictures of what you've done with your gorgeous getaway. The fog hanging on the river is lovely. We get lots of fog here!

Linda said...

You are one lucky girl-it all looks fabulous.



©Living as Rosa Designed by Rosa