Saturday, January 30, 2010

Cookies and Wine?

Well, kinda.

I made chocolate chip cookies this evening. It was a miracle that I had all the ingredients in the house. Never again, I'm sure. But I think even Mawtha would have been impressed with that feat in our household!

I did have to look through this mess--the closet behind the stove--to find a cookie sheet that fit the AGA. What a mess. Never did find the right one. Do you think Mawtha lives like this? Hmm. I dunt thenk so.

Therefore, it was the smaller sheet which fits the smaller oven. Oy. Three cookies at a time, mind you. Yes, that's right. Three at a time. Are you giggling?

Aw, the idiosyncrosies of an AGA stove. Gotta love 'em. (Or else you would go mad.)

They turned out well. Yum. Think I need to add dark brown sugar next time, rather than just the light. I kinda went solely with the ATK recipe.

Mmmk. Now for the wine. The hub had ordered some from Napa/Sonoma way back when. Now, ya know, I'm normally allergic to the stuff--at least the red variety. But I was willing to give it another go. Y-u-m ! This one has to be my fave.

Then we opened this bottle. Coming in a close second. Now, why, all of a sudden, am I not flaming red? Or swelling? Is this a better wine? Gotta figure this sh*% out!

All the while, the kitties sat by closely by the warmth of the stove. Loverly Abby, aka Phoebe.

And trusty ol' Dave by the "farrr." (The vent under the sink.)

Awww, life is gud. Indeed it is.

xo
ro

8 comments:

Janet said...

Three cookies at a time!! That must have taken forever to bake them all!!

Love those kitty pictures!

Annie Jeffries said...

cookies and wine.
Cats and fireplaces
Life is perfect.

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

Great cookies, wonderful wine and sweet kitties!

That closet is messy ;-P! Mine are not better...

Cheers,

Rosa

Anonymous said...

OMG! 3 cookies at a time??? I'd never bake at that rate!

I must tell you I am thrilled to see your messy closet! It makes me feel better to know that you have a mess somewhere! I've NEVER seen a mess in your house - NEVER! You are my idol as a homemaker!

Love you ~ Aim

Snap said...

Yep. I was giggling! You are one determined woman!

I have the same problems with red wine. Have a friend who sent me *Snapdragon* wine from California. Too funny! :D :D

Vallen said...

Wine it is then. Yum!!! I had some baking catastrophes today. I hsould have done three at a time, might have turned out that way.

Jeanie said...

Thank you for showing your cupboard. Thank you SO much.

Carole Burant said...

I was not giggling at the 3 cookies at a time baking...honest...heheheehehehehe! Ok so I was! lol They sure looked delish, though, and makes me want to go bake some right now. But 12 at time! hehe

I'm not a wine drinker but if I do have a glass, it's white wine. For some reason red wine gives me a headache.

Love the kitty pictures, they look so nice and comfy:-) xoxo

Categories

 

©Living as Rosa Designed by Rosa