Monday, February 01, 2010

Gettin' Down to the Nitty Gritty

I worked on this piece for HOURS! Photoshop is NOTHING like real photography. Whattup wit dat? This photo is from Canada.

This is from my mom's celebration. Did I tell you the story of when we put them out on the table at my brother's? About an hour after placing them, I went back in to turn some lights on before guests arrived. One lily had jumped out of the vase and was on the floor. Funny thing about that is there was no water on the glass table and the flower on the floor was pretty far away from the table. I took it as a sign that mom was with us. Anyhoo. I did this photo tonight. A lot easier than the previous one, pretty basic stuff in this one. But I adore it. For obvious reasons. Ok, now Georgia is playing on the radio--and Willy Neslon singing it to boot. Now, I KNOW mom is here. Ahah! (Remind me to tell you the story about this song when it played in Canada. Deary me!)

xo
ro

8 comments:

Snap said...

Good to see you *playing*!!!

Janet said...

It's a beautiful photo. Me and Photoshop just don't speak the same language!! I'm even taking a class and I'm still in the dark most of the time!

Janet said...

PS - I keep forgetting to tell you....I love your new header/banner. It's fantastic!

Carole Burant said...

Glad to hear I'm not the only one who spends hours on one picture! lol I have the Corel Paint Shop Pro and always make my banners and such with that program, I hear it's very similar to Photoshop. Love that picture! xoxo

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

Nice shots!

Cheers,

Rosa

Tara said...

What beautiful photos, love the story that goes with the calla lily.
Thank you for stopping by Loveleigh Treasures and joining my giveaway, ti was a pleasure to meet you!

Lena said...

That photo of the calla lilly is so beautiful, Rosemary.

Yep, I know. The other day, I kiddingly asked for a "sign" and you wouldn't believe what happened, and the things my sister and I could tell you about when my mom passed away. Life, and death, are so interesting. At least that's the way I look at it. I have no doubt, that life just keeps on keepin' on...in one form or another. Now, why on earth would your mom be feeling spiteful?

Jeanie said...

Beautiful -- and I can see why you adore if for ALL reasons! Sometimes you just know they're "there." She's there!

Categories

 

©Living as Rosa Designed by Rosa