Saturday, March 07, 2009

Watching the River Flow

What an absolutely perfect day. The weather here is spot-on gorgeous. Sigh.

Days like this make me want to be down here all the time. That is, until summer would hit with the heat and humidity. Oy.

Darlene up the river came by this morning. She called Linda, down the river, and told her come over so we could finally meet. One is as sweet as the other. Love them both already. I had to giggle and tell Dar the bonus piece of protein (baby tree frog) that came with her luscious lettuce last night. We all got a good laugh over that.

After they left, I took some reading materials and sat on the dock for a couple of hours. That's a record for me, believe it or not. I'm not one to sit still very long. But like I said, it was absolutely perfect. High 70s, no humidity and a slight breeze. Doesn't get any better, I guarantee. Hey, give that girl some lipstick! Geesh! (My "haurr!" Ulysses Everett McGill)

No boat rides this trip. I'd get stuck somewhere, I'm sure!

I went for a little ride this afternoon after I got some chores done. The place is fairly dusted now. And I needed to go to the hardware store to get a new light switch. The kitchen switch is a tad wonky. Don't want the boys to fret while they're here starting next Friday!

The horses were out to pasture. This is right around the corner from Riverside. Sigh. The old pecan trees are a lovely sight.

And, of course, the travel cat is doing well. I promised the kid I would post a pic of Bella. Ew, icky nose Bell!

She tries her best to stay clean.

Happy Saturday everyone! Spring forward tonight! Grrrrrr.

8 comments:

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

A nice spot! I'd love to relax there! Nice pics of Bella...

Cheers,

Rosa

Anonymous said...

such good photos rosa! it looks so heavenly and serene. what were you reading?? a good novel? cooking magazines? i would adore riverside :)

Linda said...

That looks so heavenly. I'm waiting with anticipation for some warm weather. Then I will complain about the heat I'm sure.

The Vintage Kitten said...

What a gorgeous place to sit and relax X

Snap said...

As Teddy would say ... everyone needs their own special place and this looks like yours and Bella's. Wonderful photos. It's so nice to go traveling with you!

Her Art Nest said...

Hi Rosa,
I have a surprise "award" for you. Please visit my blog and accept it with my best regards. ~Nancy

Jeanie said...

How wonderful! And you know I love the Travel Cat as much as the Kid, so keep posting!

Lena said...

Boy, I bet it was hard to leave. All of the photos are so pretty. The sky, the flowers by the fence, and of course Miss Bella.

Perfect temperatures too!

Categories

 

©Living as Rosa Designed by Rosa