Sunday, March 08, 2009

A Day at the Beach

I drove to the Gulf of Mexico today just to get some sand between my toes. It was a gorgeous morning but by the time I got to the shore, the clouds had rolled in. Beautiful just the same. While it looks cold and balmy, I had on clamdiggers and a tshirt and still broke up a sweat while walking--probably around the mid to upper 70s.

There were several people fishing on the shoreline. I have always wanted to sit and watch them pull one in. I never have.

This big ol' ugly jelly fish had just been washed up. Yuk. It was about the size of my head! Ew. But kinda neat, just the same. As long as it's not touching me!

Love these guys.

I also took a drive to Magnolia Springs and found one of the most beautiful tree-lined streets I have ever seen. Sorry for the blurr.

On the way back to the river, I stopped and ordered a salad to go from LuLu's. I saw this great surfboard that my brother Jim would die for! (Please notice the Krispy Kreme Bread Pudding! OMG!! Slather it on me, baby!)

These are the azaleas I picked and put in a bowl. This is my favorite color of azaleas.

So pretty.

4 comments:

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

What dramatic skies! Uuggghh, that jelly fish scares me!!! I really love that Magniolia Springs picture...

Cheers and have a great week,


Rosa

Jeanie said...

So glad you are at Riverside! Jellyfish are so beautiful in the water and so lethal... did you see Seven Pounds? Oh, for an ocean!

Pretty Things said...

I don't like the beach at all when it's hot and sunny -- love it when it's cool, and overcast. Very soothing and calming!

Jellyfish -- that one was kind of pretty in a glad-it's-not-my-pet sort of way.

Queenly Things said...

Sigh.

Categories

 

©Living as Rosa Designed by Rosa