Friday, January 25, 2008

The Oregon Trail

The kid had a project in Social Studies to write a journal about travelling The Oregon Trail. He did such a good job, I had to share a couple of pages with you.

Of course, since antiquing paper is one of my favorite things to do, I helped him with it. It turned out fab, if I do say so myself. He was so proud of it.

I loved so many of his sentences. [Papa said] "From there I would say a couple of months. He then scratched his head and looked away. Moma looked up and began to cry again." "Momma was in a better mood today, and she hugged us and told us how much she loved us." Awwwwww. Sniffle.

I love that kid.

4 comments:

Carole Burant said...

Hello dear Rosa:-)

I can't wait for my computer room to be done so that I can become a regular blogger again...I miss you all sooooo much!! I think I'll kiss my computer desk once it's all put together again! lol

Look at all the goodies you received...I agree with you, Peggy's soaps are heavenly and I need to order some, I've long finished the ones she had sent me in a swap!!

Wow, that antique looking journal your son made for school is fabulous! He'd better get 100% on it:-)

I'm sooo glad to hear that your brother is doing so much better...the power of prayer certainly DOES work:-) May he continue on the road to recovery!

Know that I'm thinking of you!! xoxox

Heidi said...

Holy smokes! That turned out just plain incredible!

And awww...that sweethearted kid is a keeper fer sure!

Thanks for sharing !

auntpearl said...

Your son's project is going to get some wonderful praise I am sure. It looks authentic!!

Hugs,

Jeanie said...

"The Kid" may have had help, but he's definitely got his mom's creative genes! I would be wildly impressed if any student I knew handed that in!

You've gotta be proud of a kid like that!

Categories

 

©Living as Rosa Designed by Rosa