Monday, September 28, 2009

A Handful of Sand

Well, actually, I'm home now. But what a whirlwind of a beautiful trip! Sigh. Happy to be home, but I sure do miss California.

The kid gathered all of these sand dollars on Coronado Beach! I found the jeweled one on Orange Avenue on Coronado. The other shells, starfish and beautiful cards are compliments of The Del Coronado Hotel. They turn back the beds with a shell and a lovely saying each night. So much better than old chocolate!

The kid and I had fun on the plane going out. It was a long tedious flight thanks to Northworst. We stopped over in Detroit then on the Cali. Cheap tickets, what can I say. We tried to make the best of it though.

We made it in after 9 and the hub picked us up and off we went to the W hotel. The room had a fun chalkboard which the kid and I immediately attacked with silliness!

Of course, we chose PLAY (rather than the work side) when we arrived.

And then we made our way up to the rooftop passing all kinds of wonderful little nooks full of interesting items.

The rooftop "Beach Bar" was indeed full of sand complete with cabanas and fire pits. We hunkered down here for a very late dinner and libations. It was so relaxing watching the fog roll in over the city.

The room was full of wonderful nooks itself. We had two "window seats" that just called my name. Of course, I only made it to the bed.

The next morning, the hub had to work (hated turning the "WORK" sign on for him). Someone has to do it. Poor guy.

The kid and I went down to the restaurant after he left and had breakfast.

We both had waffles. Mmmmm mmmmmm good. Diet? What diet?

Then we watched the comings and goings of the staff and enjoyed the fun surroundings.

Chris Milk had an exhibition of photographs hanging about the place which were marvelous.

And you could tell we were in Cali from the lobby bar, no? I loved all the surf board fins!

My window seat with view of the bay.

Sofa pillow. Ooohlala.

And coral hanging above.

Can you tell why I always love staying at W hotels? You never know what you may find laying around the place.

More to come later!

xo ro

4 comments:

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

Great design and furniture!

Cheers,

Rosa

Snap said...

WOWOWOW!! Looks like a grand time. Love the rock and shells. Looking forward to seeing more.

Beth said...

Wow,,what a fancy smancy place. Sounds like you had a fun time! Great pics too.
xoxoxo

Jeanie said...

Hey, Ms. R -- how cool is this! Except A LOT of the photos aren't showing up -- just the box around them. Don't know what's up with that, but I know I'm missing something beautiful. Probably blogger being a blooger! I'll try later!

Categories

 

©Living as Rosa Designed by Rosa