Wednesday, March 21, 2012

I Dream of Poppies

I've had this photo on my desktop for ages, and I finally decided to share it. It doesn't even look real, it's so gorgeous. 

I have always wanted to grow poppies but have been unable to. It's probably due to the humidity and heat of the summers that suck the life out of them (and me too!).

This photo was taken in the gardens at Lindeth Howe Country House in Bowness-on-Windermere a couple of summers ago. Obviously, I have yet to post on the stay. I need to because it was a magical place.

Perhaps soon.

Labels:  England, Jacq, Flowers,  Bowness-on-Windermere, Summer

3 comments:

Annie Jeffries said...

Stunning. Absolutely stunning.

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

Stunning! Poppies are so pretty.

Cheers,

Rosa

Janet said...

Gorgeous photo! We have lots of poppies out here. In fact, every year there's a Poppy Festival but I have to admit I've never gone to it! There are some areas out away from town where the whole area is bright orange-y red with poppies in the spring. You would love it.

Categories

 

©Living as Rosa Designed by Rosa