Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Cooking Classes

The latest Viking Cooking School class schedule just arrived; and by golly, I'm going to take some classes! Since we moved to Tennessee, I have been promising myself to do just that. Seven years later, I am finally signed up.

Of course, the red velvet cake caught my eye right away being the boys' favorite. And you know how baking challenged I am. So, that is my first class--Classic Cakes. Maybe I will even get my icing skills down to a T. Let's hope!

I've also signed on to make some Holiday cookies. Again, baking 101. That was my New Year's resolution, and time is running out! Perhaps if I do well with these simple tasks, a bread class will be on my calendar! Let's hope.

With the bathroom finished (bathrooms are a pain to paint!), today will be a paperwork day. Are ya jumping in your seats? I know I am. Joy. I have a stack of papers and catalogs that I keep moving around from place to place when I straighten up. If I don't get on it, Lord only knows where it will end up. And, who knows what's in that stack! Probably even a bill or two to pay. Geesh!

After that's done, I have a goody box to assemble for the teenager. He has his FIRST class today. I'm sure he's nervous, but he sounded really good last night. I am averaging about two phone calls a day to him. I keep them short and sweet so I don't interfere with his new life; but he seems to enjoy them as much as I do. Funny how the dynamics of a mother/son relationship change once they move out. I can't wait to hear about class!

10 comments:

Beth said...

Is it a online class? Or is a local class? Can't wait to see all the yummy stuff you make.
xoxoxooxoxox

Carole Burant said...

Well good for you!! I'm sure you will do well and before you know it, you will be showing us pictures of the beautiful cakes and cookies that you'll be making:-) I've been baking and cooking since I was 7 years old...being the only girl, mom made sure she taught me well! lol

I love the new paint colour you painted the bathroom with, it looks so clean and bright now:-) I'm glad to hear that your son is settling in on campus...it's hard when they move away from home but then it's also exciting to see them start a new phase in their lives. xoxo

Janet said...

OMG!! You and your brother both cooking and baking! I will weigh a ton after reading your blog!

I think it's great that you're challenging yourself. It's funny, I hate to cook but I enjoy baking. That's not to say I'm a fantastic baker or anything but I do like it....and I like to eat the results! Have fun!!

Anonymous said...

Ohhh looking forward to taste your Velvet cake !! ;-)

I love cooking, but I'm not good at making time for it so I cannot wait to follow your progress...you will post yummy pictures right?

Lena said...

Your classes sound like they will be fun, especially the cooky one.

I'm glad to hear that your son is settling in at school. Packing goodie boxes is a lot of fun, especially around the smaller holidays, like Halloween and Valentine's Day.

Jeanie said...

This sounds so cool. I want to go to cooking class. Wah!

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

Wow, great! I'm looking forwards to seeing your creations! I'd love to take such classes...

Cheers,

Rosa

Linda said...

You just reminded me that I was going to take a class too. Totally forgot and here it is, nearly the end of August. Sigh.

Annie Jeffries said...

How intriguing. Taking a cooking class is on my Fall 208 bucket list. (See Blog) Sadly, Walnut Creek is too far for me to drive. Darn.

I also wanted to let you know that I'm taking a short break from blogging. I have lots of creative stuff going on so for the moment it's "blogging without obligation" time.

Hugs,
Annie

Vallen said...

Two calls a day seems perfectly reasonable to me. I'm putting in my order for a fresh coconut cake now.

Categories

 

©Living as Rosa Designed by Rosa