Saturday, November 03, 2007

Sigh . . .

Can it be? Is there indeed light at the end of the tunnel? Hmmm. I'm beginning to think so. After my meltdown with the owner this week, the boys were actually here two full days and look at all that was accomplished. It looks to be an almost finished kitchen. Low and behold. Albeit there is more to be done, it is definitely a working kitchen. Indeed it is. There are happy orbs floating about, even. That has to be a good sign.

I am so absolutely thankful we're coming to the end of this project. I will definitely have a lot to be thankful for this Thanksgiving. I am dying for my brother Jim to get here and break everything in. A lot to do before their arrival. The thought of it all is mind boggling. If I can get most everything put away, their bedroom cleaned and ready for them, I'll be happy. At this rate, I couldn't care less that the office upstairs is completely blown up. C'est la vie.

Our floor guy is sick and was unable to come and finish the last coat of the floors, so we're kind of waiting on him so the shoe molding can get put in. The fridge is still missing a shelf and hope to get that fixed on Wednesday. The ice maker's trim kit is still on order and should be in by next week. There's still more painting and caulking to be done and the pendent lights over the island will be installed once that is done. What do you think of my French pendant over the table? Two stationary ones will be over the island, not the adjustable one I have over the table. I had first seen these light fixtures when I was still living in Leesburg, VA. Of course, as we were preparing to move, this new French shop opened. That is where I first lay eyes on Terre d'Hautaniboul pottery. That was in 2001. It has taken me seven years to finally have somewhere to put it. Worth the wait. I can't tell you what the one light does for the kitchen. Oh my. As I keep telling the kitchen guys, "It's the details that count." I think they are all amazed at how wonderful this kitchen is turning out to be. Guess they all thought I was crazy when we began the process (as the "woman" almost said out loud to me). Who's laughing now? Guess we all are.


The hub and I are hacking, both of us have chest colds. Loverly. (HE brought it home, as usual.) There was no where for me to hide as the guest room is full of stuff and uninhabitable so I stuck it out in the sick room with the hub. Oh well. Whatchya gonna do? Guess, I'm getting it over with and will be well for a little while. Rather have it now than Thanksgiving, that's fersher.

Dave (the cat) has been going to the vets every day since he got his stitches in last week. I am totally unable to give him his antibiotics and even the vet gave up his last pill as he was unable to get it down him also. Abby and Bella went in this past week to get their shots up to date. Frankie (mom's dog) isn't due until May. This morning I took Dave in to have his stitches removed. The doc comes out holding Dave and shows me where he had to put two staples in. Now the cat truly is Cat Frankenstein. Apparently, one part still needed a little help in staying together (ew). So, he's gonna be wearing those pretty silver things for another two weeks. At least he doesn't have to have a pill shoved down his throat. Lawd. He is all muscle, that one. Bella has an eye thing going on. When I took her in on Wednesday, it had just started. The doc said it should go away on its own. Today it looks worse so I may have to take her back in on Monday. I tell you, this vet LOVES me. I think I'm keeping his new practice in "bidness."

I'm going to try and get all of my stuff put back on the walls of the family room and back hall. I just can't wait any longer. Think it's time. Yep, it's time.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your Kitchen looks great. You are finally getting to see the end results. It's hard when everything is torn up and you can't find anything you need. Enjoy it now and make some fabulous meals.

Blessings,

Mary L

Rella said...

This is the most beautiful kitchen I've seen in a long time. Sigh..
I do believe I would actually cook in a place like this. I love it and am happy it is almost done for you.

xo Rella

Tammy said...

Looks like things are shaping up my friend!

So sorry to hear you and yours are unwell!

I hope you all get better, pets included ;)

Stephanie D said...

Hope everyone is well, and all is finished by Thanksgiving. It surely is a beautiful kitchen--so mellow.

Farmgirl Cyn said...

I think the kitchen looks fab-u-lous! The light fixture is great!
As for the chest cold, check out my latest blog entry for a quick and painless fix for the cough. It really works!!

Lisa Oceandreamer Swifka said...

That is an absolutely beautiful kitchen! I love the Aga....the sink, the fixtures, the other wee sink, the French pendant light over the table, the contrast of color on the cabinet, the floor. That island!I love all of it! I know it's been a major pain in the arse to go through but OH what results!! I only wish I could come and see it in person and sit at that table over a cuppa chatting!
I hope you and the hub feel better soon!
XOXOXO

Susie said...

It's looking really great! Sorry to hear you're under the weather. Love the shot of Dave peeking at us :)
Hope the cats are all on the mend soon too!
xo

Beth said...

Its so beautiful Girlfriend!!! Can't wait to see it in person. It looks like kitchens on HGTV,,just amazing! And a wonderful Rosie touch to it too!
xoxooxoxoxooxoxox

Saucy said...

Kitchen renos are the worst! But so worth it, by the looks of your photos! Wonderful, really!

paris parfait said...

Despite all the troubles, it is a gorgeous kitchen! And I think when it's finally finished, you'll think it was worth all the hard work and angst. xo

Categories

 

©Living as Rosa Designed by Rosa