Sunday, January 16, 2011

Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow

Yes folks, we do get snow in Nashville.  Personally, I believe that Jeanie from Michigan brought it with her when she flew out here last week.  Snicker.

Although I was unable to pick her up at the airport because of bad weather (wimp, I know), we were able to hook up later in the week when she had some free time!   It took me about an hour to get us out of Nashville.  I had the brilliant idea to take her the back roads so she could see the beautiful hills that surround us while the sun was setting.  Well, we got in a neighborhood and I never did find the road I had wanted to take Southwest.  Ha, I can get lost in my own neighborhood, by golly!  We did find a lot of cute bungalows and saw lots of snowmen!  Well, we finally did make it out to Franklin to have dinner at The Red Pony, one of my faves.

Of course, they have wonderful libations, which we enjoyed.  I love the colors in this photo, especially Jeanie's red cheeks that match the martini!

We had quite the knowledgeable waiter who was very helpful in explaining the chef's work and even brought out an appetizer for us to test, flour gnocchi with a truffle sauce.  YUM.  

Jeanie had been introduced to shrimp and grits, a Southern staple,  earlier in the week, and she decided to try more.  This is what I always order when the hub and I come here, so I know they are good.  She raved!

My stomach has been on the fritz for a couple of weeks and this night it was acting up again.  (I'm sure the Indian lunch I had earlier probably wasn't one of my wisest decisions in hindsight.)  Regardless, I ordered something small, or so I thought.  This is an appetizer pizza.  I could barely get two pieces in.  Ugh.  I guarantee Jeanie, I normally eat away.

Unfortunately, there is never enough time.  It was such a delight meeting Jeanie after knowing her from here for so many years.  What a delight she is, but I knew that already.  What a sweetie. 















I've been  feeling better, as if I'm awaking from a semi- conscious state.  Hello world.  This morning, I made waffles for breakfast.  We had some oranges that needed using, so I squeezed them.  I can't drink the stuff.  Oh my, the one time I tried it, it like made the skin in my mouth peel.  Whattup witdat?  Ew.  So, I skip the OJ,  freshly squeezed anyway.

My computer has been acting up for quite a while.  I was unable to download any photos to it and instead used my laptop.  It's kinda difficult blogging from the laptop; so I got the hub to help me move my photo file (over 36,000 pictures) to an external hard drive.  Hmmmm.  120 GB cleared off, right off the bat!  Wow.  

So, momma's back in business!

8 comments:

Jeanie said...

You ARE back in business (and I've been checking off and on all day!) Your food photos are so much better than mine, and the front of your house -- Wow! Talk about snow!

I did indeed have THE best time that evening -- But then, why wouldn't it be that way? We've already "known" each other! The hard part? Stopping the talking and saying goodbye!

Thanks again for everything my friend -- from a wonderful dinner with great conversation to two tours of Nashville and airport transit. It was the BEST!

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

A great get-together! Good to read you again.

Cheers,

rosa

Snap said...

Glad to hear you are back in business. You've been missed. Looks like you had a wonderful time with your friend. Shrimp and grits ... YUMMMMM!

Janet said...

How fun that you got to meet Jeanie. She is such a sweetheart and it looks like you had a great time together even with all that snow.

It's good to see you posting again. I've missed you.

Yolanda said...

I bet you had a wonderful time. I love Nashville. It has been a home away from home for many years and my sister lives in Donelson. I am a southerner who live in oregon right now.

robin-bird said...

awww what solace for the spirit to have our sweet jeannie come and see you. her rosy cheeks alone are enough to cheer a person up! i was just over at her blog but didn't see the mention of her stopping by for a visit at your place. how wonderful for you both! love to you rosa and sweet thoughts coming your way.
XO

Nashvlkats said...

Great to see you back in business. I've missed your postings but understand completely. Love your new header for the new year!

Annie Jeffries said...

Lucky you, Rosa, to meet one of my favorite people. Jeanie is a peach as you were able to find out. Love the adventuring in the snow. It might have freaked me a bit since I'm not used to snow but it had to have been old hat for Jeanie.

Categories

 

©Living as Rosa Designed by Rosa