Saturday, January 29, 2011

Abby

We just lost our faithful Abby. She had been showing signs of age for the past month or so. Ab was the last of our Virginia animals that we brought from home. She was over 13 years old, one of our oldest kitties ever.  

She started acting strange once my brother and his family left after Thanksgiving; but then she came back to normal. I've been feeding her special canned food (which I never do), and that's what is on her cute nose. This past week, she has been confused and wandering and acting as if she was blind. When we took her to the vets today (after two days of not eating), they checked for diabetes. No. So then the doctor diagnosed that she had a brain tumor. Poor boo.

I'm happy the teenager was home for the weekend to say goodbye.  She will be missed.

8 comments:

Janet said...

Abby has such a beautiful face. How sad that she's gone. Pets are such a big part of the family and losing one leaves a big hole in the heart. Sending you extra hugs....

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

I'm so sorry to hear that... So sad. Abby was such a cute kitty.

Hugs,

Rosa

The Creek Cats said...

(((hugs))) and soft purrs to you. So sorry to hear about your beautiful Abby.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to hear about Abby...I know that you all will miss her very much....and so will Dave and Bella. She had a good life with a very special family and I know that you have many fond memories of her. Our kitties are so much a part of our family and when you lose one, it does bring sadness. I will be thinking of you Rosemary...
Love and hugs to you.
MJ

Pretty Things said...

I am really, really sorry.

Lena said...

Oh, I'm so sorry to hear this news. I'll miss hearing about Abby. It's always so hard to lose a beloved pet, but one that you've had in your life for so long, I think that feels especially hard.

Take care.
xo

Jeanie said...

Oh, Rosemary -- as you know, I've been blog-absent for about a week or so. I'm especially sad that I missed this post. I'm so very, very sorry.

Abby was a beautiful cat -- that first photo is absolutely amazing -- you see every detail in her face.

I'm so very sad for you. Please accept my apologies for not saying anything sooner.

Mark McLellan said...

Condolences. Have a *purr* from Peaches and Blue.

Categories

 

©Living as Rosa Designed by Rosa