Friday, September 23, 2011

Project Work

Here's my latest fiasco. Ugh. The pit, rag, bonus room; call it what you will. It's a mess. Time to get it cleaned up. "Must keep this 'moving soon' mental note in my head." Front and center.

The teenager moved into a new apartment this year at UT. The last three years, his places came furnished. So, I had told him, and his roommates, they could have our old furniture, the grey stuff. Now, mind you, this is my first set of furniture I bought when I moved into my first apartment. So, we're talking, um, 25 year-old furniture. It's still in pretty good shape, considering. A queen sleep sofa (have to ask Raphi how comfortable that is, though), love seat and chair? Free. Ok, so long-story-shorter, they changed their minds after the hub and I had prepared for them to pick it up.

And so started the ball rolling in this room.

The table on the right, I had set up many years ago. I got all the kids' photos out and started their scrapbooks, again. Well, I think I may have done ONE page. One. Period. Time to sort and move all of it again. Like in storage. ha.

The hub (as all men do) wants to buy a pit for in here. I don't know 'bout that. But, I do know that once I start painting, changing the carpet, etc. new furniture will be at the top of the list. Sigh.


2 comments:

Snap said...

Silly kids. Don't they know they are supposed to help their parents out?!!!!! Have fun redecorating!

Jeanie said...

There is NOTHING wrong with 26-year-old furniture! Can't imagine why they didn't take it -- looks pretty decent to me! But it's a new project!

Categories

 

©Living as Rosa Designed by Rosa