Friday, November 07, 2008

Funny for Friday

I forgot who sent this to me several weeks back, but I had to save it. Too funny.

"Mom and I" made muffins this morning. For some reason, she wanted to sit upstairs with me. She never sits very long, but this morning she decided to. So, I gave her some foodie catalogs to look through while I made the muffins. She was perfectly content. I'm convinced she thinks she is actually talking with real words. I just smile and agree and add some remark to what I think she's talking about and she will just giggle. We're so fortunate she is happy and feels good.

I used the larger oven without the convection fan going, as this is what the Viking teacher said to use. I set both the top and bottom elements on; and as you can see, my crumble got a little brown. Next time, I'll try just the bottom one. We'll see. They were tasty just the same.

The countertop people came in to template for the new countertops this morning They make me sick. Yes, I am still in KITCHEN HELL. We had to go to arbitration; and the verdict was that they had to replace the countertops and fix the ice maker before any payment was made. Yay! This could have been finished last year, almost to the day. But they decided to lie and cheat. I wonder how they stay in business. I've been using this phrase a lot lately, "They will never prosper." And I'll use it again. Wise words from mom. At any rate, here we go again, one year later. Geesh. I will do a happy dance for an entire week if this kitchen is ever finished. The entire thing has literally made me ill.

We do have the weekend ahead, so I think we all should do a happy dance. Even if it's just around the room. Everyone, one-two-three. Hands in the air - - - HAPPY DANCE!

9 comments:

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

So cute! Those muffins looks really good and fluffy! I'm really sorry to hear about your kitchen problems...

Cheers and have a wonderful weekend,

Rosa

Peggy said...

Glad your mom is doing well. She has such a sweet loving smile. Would join you in the happy dance but I am just way too tired. LOL

Judy said...

I love the kitty picture and the muffins look yummy. I'm glad your Mom is doing well. She is so cute.

Snap said...

I loved the kitty -- too funny! The muffins look yummy and made me hungry .. and I'm trying to cut back ... arggghhh! So sorry about your kitchen problems. I am interested in your Viking oven -- how do you like it? Have any of their other appliances?

ChrisJ said...

Love your kitty picture and words! Your muffins look really good. I'm not a good cook but I appreciate good cooking. So sorry about all your kitchen woes. It is so frustrating dealing with these kind of people. Hope it gets done SOON!

Linda said...

What a cute photo of the kitty kats. Loved the little poem too. I hope the kitchen is soon totally finished. With business times being so scary, you'd think everyone would be doing their best work.

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

Hi Rosa!

Don't stress! I can wait. Just take your time ;-P...

Cheers,

Rosa xoxo

The Vintage Kitten said...

Hi Rosa, You have been busy recently. The cakes look yummy. I LOVE cake. The icing tip is a good idea, I will have to try that next time I ice a cake. Your mum looks very trendy and groovy in her 'hoodie' she suits that colour very much. The kitchen sounds like a nightmare. Hope it all works out X

Jeanie said...

Oh, my! I can't believe you're still in Kitchen Hell. That's been forever!

But it makes me smile that you and your mom can have these lovely, happy times. That really makes me smile.

Categories

 

©Living as Rosa Designed by Rosa