Saturday, November 08, 2008

Middle Tennessee

I woke up this morning and went to the local farmer's market. I was in need of some fresh milk, apple cider and apples; and that is just what I found and brought home. This is the best milk ever. You can't get any fresher unless you sit under the cow. My brother and I will be visiting the Hatcher Family farm once he arrives down here. I can't wait to begin stocking up on everything for Thanksgiving!

It was a little nippy this morning, absolutely perfect! There weren't a lot of people out which kinda surprised me.

Heading back home, I pass one of my all-time favorite properties. Isn't it lovely?

After arriving home, the hub and kid were just waking up. By this time, I was ready to go for a drive and head towards the Loveless Cafe via the Natchez Trace Parkway.

This stretch totally reminds me of the Shenandoah Valley and the Blue Ridge Parkway in Virginia. Sniffle.

We are a little past peak with the turning leaves, but watching them all swirling around as the wind blew was a whole other wonderful experience.

We made it to the Loveless Cafe, our first time; and there was an hour and half wait!! Geesh! Of course, we didn't wait.

But I did enjoy looking around.

And I did take lots of pictures for Val. There was a lot to see around the property.

There are all kinds of shops and stuff to look through while you're waiting that hour+!

We then popped back in the car and headed towards town.

Ended up at Le Peep which we remember from years ago in Arlington, VA. It was a delicious breakfast even though it was after 1 p.m. by the time we ate!

Next door was a boot place and the hub and I found these wonderful Ariat shoes that were half price! (His are quite different, mind you.) Daig, a good pair of shoes for less than $50. That's my idea of a great find! I got my fat foot into an 8 1/2 and I was good to go. (I normally wear a 9.) Love them! They give me just a little height which is always greatly appreciated here.

Now the sun is setting and I'm sitting and sipping some of my Pu'er tea. I'm trying to drink it several times a week if only for the medicinal purposes. Can't hurt!

Today was so much fun. I can't remember when we, as a family, hopped in the car and went for a little drive. It' so pretty here, any time of year. How's your weekend going?

PS The hub and I had a date at one of our favorite little restaurants "Saffire" last night. Loved it! Even had a cosmopolitan! Now, you KNOW I'm beginning to feel like myself!

7 comments:

Judy said...

What a wonderful day!! I'm jealous no more farmers markets for me until next summer. I already miss going.

Janet said...

Great post but once I got to the photo of the new shoes I lost all my concentration! I LOVE them!! I wear Dansko clogs most of the time in the fall and winter and usually never even think about any other shoe....but those look so good. I want some now!!

Saucy said...

That signage is wonderful! What a fun weekend excursion.

My weekend? Oh, I am wrapping Christmas gifts and finishing off my Club Little House project. Very busy indeed!

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

Thanks for sharing those gorgeous pictures with us! What a great day! That blue sky is stunning...

Cheers,

Rosa

Vallen said...

Don't worry, I can now cook us up a perfectly lovely Loveless breakfast since a very good friend sent me the cookbook. Be right over.

Linda said...

That does look like a great place to eat. I'd sure try to get in again. Don't know if I could have waited that long either.

Jeanie said...

I adore farmer's markets -- and that signage is to die for! GREAT graphics!

Categories

 

©Living as Rosa Designed by Rosa