Sunday, February 08, 2009

Goodnight Moon

We had a beautiful full moon last night. It was absolutely mesmerizing. The kid, hub and I sat outside transfixed on it. The way the clouds were passing made it seem like you were in a whole different world where all you could see was a sky full of stars, clouds and everything was lit by the moon.

While I tried to capture the moment, these things never do come out like you see in real life. (Don't click on it to enlarge. It looks way better this size!) I remember once while in photography school, I spied the largest moon over Arlington I had ever seen (Cosmo's moon, perhaps). I ran home, grabbed my old Minolta and ran back up to the hill. When I took the photograph, developed the film and made a contact sheet, it looked like a speck in the sky. I was so disappointed. Kind of like I am with these photos I took last night. If this is the best of the bunch, you can only imagine what the rest look like!

It did remind me of our favorite children's book, Goodnight Moon.

Goodnight room
Goodnight moon
Good night cow jumping over the moon
Goodnight light
And the red balloon
Goodnight bears
Goodnight chairs
Goodnight kittens,
And goodnight mittens
Goodnight clocks
And goodnight socks
Goodnight little house
And goodnight mouse
Goodnight comb
And goodnight brush
Goodnight nobody
Goodnight mush
And goodnight to the old lady whispering hush
Goodnight stars
Goodnight air
Goodnight noises everywhere
Sniffle.

12 comments:

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Yes the moon was gorgeous --AND I still love the book, Goodnight Moon. I don't keep up with the 'newer' children's books but to this day, Goodnight Moon is one of my fav's!!!!

Thanks for the memories.
Hugs,
Betsy

The Vintage Kitten said...

Goognight John Boy, Goodnight Mary Ellen, Goodnight Jim Bob, Goodnight Grandma.........Sorry thats the Waltons isnt it LOL! X

Snap said...

The moon was beautiful last night and we got a picture. It's not up yet -- maybe by the end of the day -- tomorrow for certain. I love the book, too.

Beth said...

What a beautiful moon last night and a beautiful day today. I sure treasure warm spring days in February, don't you? Love the book "Goodnight moon",,my children always loved it too.
xoxoxooxoxoxoxox

Shelley said...

There is supposed to be a full moon tonight..but alas it is raining here and we need it badly. So..I'm willing to sacrifice for the much needed rain. Cool shot.

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

I love fullmoons...

I've tagged you! Plese visit my blog in order to learn more about it (http://rosas-yummy-yums.blogspot.com/2009/02/tag.html).

Cheers,

Rosa

Snap said...

Good morning!

The moon picture is up! (Just had to let you know!)

Linda said...

I never could get a good photo of the moon either. I guess the secret is either a really good lens or being able to take a photo through a scope.

Dianne said...

So that's why I wanted to howl. Full moons can really change people's personalities. I learned that when I had my DQ. It's really strange. Of course, my personality is steadfast...not. Okay, I'm always crazy.

And, thanks for the compliment but I do NOT look like a model! Maybe a before model...

Jeanie said...

I noticed that, too. It was so beautiful I almost went into the wrong lane while I was driving! Oh, dear! But all was well, and I was enchanted.

Saucy said...

I bet that like us, you can recite it from memory...

Carole Burant said...

Darn it, I have to start looking out the window at night to see the moon! lol The curtains usually get closed at night to help insulate against the cold. I think your picture turned out great!! xoxo

Categories

 

©Living as Rosa Designed by Rosa