Wednesday, February 22, 2012

I Got the Baby!

This is the first King Cake I've ordered for us in several years. And I am so glad I did. I ordered from Sucre this year. My first time. I heard about them through Garden & Gun and in The Washington Post.  Both put Sucre at the top of the taste test. And now, I do too.



My-oh-my. This is the freshest King Cake I have ever received by mail order. YUM. And pretty too. Look at all the sparkles! Who doesn't love sparkles!

Sucre's King Cake comes with the baby on top. Therefore, I stuck it in the bottom of the cake, blind folded. Then the kid took the cake and turned it round and around.

He then took the first slice. No baby. I was going to find another spot to slice and then decided to keep it neat. So, I cut a slice right next to his. And, guess what!

I got the baby!

Mmmmmmmm. I sure know where I'm ordering from next year! Aiiiyeeee!


Snack time.


Labels: Mardi Gras


2 comments:

Carole Burant said...

I could hear that "Aiiiyeeee" all the way in Canada! hehe How fun that you found the baby...just found out last year about that whole tradition with the King Cake. I need to Google what a King Cake is made of since I've never had it before. Wonder if they deliver to Canada...but then the Customs people might eat it instead of sending it on! lol xoxo

Jeanie said...

Yee ha! That's a huge big deal, getting the baby! All right -- good for you! (And that sounsd wonderful!)

Categories

 

©Living as Rosa Designed by Rosa