Saturday, August 14, 2010

J&E -- Yearly Visit to Riverside


My brother Jim called me on Friday and said to meet him at Riverside on Sunday. The kid and I were hitting the road on Saturday. It's peach season in Alabama, which means I stop off at Durbin Farms on the way in and pick up lotsa Chilton County peaches! My faves are the white ones. Oh so delicate.

I made Peach Sangria. Good, but I prefer Jim's red Sangria. It was much better after it sat for a full 48 hours.

And peach crumble. Yum.

We ate breakfast at the Foley Coffee Shop.

Made New Orleans' style BBQ Royal Reds.

Rescued a butterfly on the porch.

And stayed up too playing and laughing.

Before we knew it, it was time to head back home. Two days? Not enough! Miss them. What a wonderful way to end the summer.

Today's Blog post is brought to you by the color Orange.(I'm afraid this may just be a picture of my hair--oooooooof!   Thanks kid.)

<3

3 comments:

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

It seems that you had a great time there!

Cheers,

Rosa

Jeanie said...

Peaches. The best. Family time, even better!

DrKeithCurrie said...

Excellent topics. I really like this. I found this online that, Personal Trainer in city Riverside local Riverside residents into amazing shape with intense personal fitness training workouts. Gets you in shape physically, as well as emotionally and spiritually. It takes eating right and exercising right in order to lose the weight you want to, and even staying in shape takes work as well.
fitness riverside

Categories

 

©Living as Rosa Designed by Rosa