Saturday, May 22, 2010

Heading South

Packing up all my jank and heading down to Riverside tomorrow with the kid. The hub will come down on Friday for the long weekend; and then we all head back. He's freshly home from all points East, flyin in from Vietnam yesterday afternoon. The kid's last day of school was also yesterday. Let the summer begin!

Can't wait to get back down to Riverside and get some odds and ends finished up. I haven't been following the oil gush, it makes me sick to even think about it. I need to get down there and see and hear for myself on what's what. Sickening. My brother Jim has already called and announced it's going to be a BBQ summer (rather than all the local seafood we normally enjoy).

The teenager pulled in a great semester at university, cum laude. He had his job at the grocer's transferred from here to Knoxville so he's working full time this summer. Them's the rules--no school, no money coming in from us! He's very happy to be working and living on his own for the first time with no help from mom and pop. We're very proud of him and I'm happy to have the extra bucks in my pocket before heading to the UK. Have my eyes on some things, wink wink.

So, all is well in our little household.

6 comments:

Snap said...

Have fun at Riverside. We stockpiled some fish and shrimp knowing what was coming. Didn't get too carried away as it is hurricane season and I don't want to lose everything in the freezer again! Looking forward to your UK trip and the shopping I'll enjoy through your adventure! :D :D

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

Have a great time there and a safe trip down South! That oil gush stuff is sickening, indeed...

Cheers,

Rosa xoxo

Annie Jeffries said...

Wishing you fun in the sun, Rosemary. Hope your area of the coast will not be too badly effected.

Linda said...

Sounds like fun. It's always nice to have a place by the water to go to.

Jeanie said...

Have a fabulous time as you celebrate summer. I'll be keeping fingers crossed that Riverside has dodged the oil spill bullet...

Beth said...

I sure hope the oil slick doesn't affect you down in Riverside. I sure hope I get to go down there with you when you get back from UK.
Have a fun Memorial Day week-end. Tomorrow is my last day of work!
YAY!!!!
Love Ya!
xoxoxo

Categories

 

©Living as Rosa Designed by Rosa