Sunday, August 12, 2012

Return to Your Beloved Sea

During his visit, my brother and I were able to release our father's ashes into the waters that reach into the Gulf of Mexico and beyond.

 The hub took us out on a beautiful morn.

 It was absolutely breathtaking.

We brought hydrangea from the yard which I think fascinated the dolphin. It all made my heart dance.

He would have been 98 this month. 


I must down to the seas again, for the call of the running tide
Is a wild call and a clear call that may not be denied;
And all I ask is a windy day with the white clouds flying,
And the flung spray and the blown spume, and the sea-gulls crying.


I must down to the seas again, to the vagrant gypsy life,
To the gull's way and the whale's way where the wind's like a whetted knife;
And all I ask is a merry yarn from a laughing fellow-rover
And quiet sleep and a sweet dream when the long trick's over.

--John Masefield
Labels: Brother Jim, Hub, Dad, Mobile Bay

2 comments:

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

Beautiful! May he rest in peace.

Cheers,

Rosa

Beth said...

This is where I would Love to have my ashes scattered too. Love the Gulf.

Big Hugs,
Call or texted when you can.
xoxo

Categories

 

©Living as Rosa Designed by Rosa